What is expected?
The call is open to artists, students and researchers of any discipline or medium who can demonstrate affinity with the values of NSU.
- produce at least one trace*of the spirit of the Nordic Summer University – a tangible element that spreads (see below)
- be prepared to share their working process with NSU through dialogue and engagement from the start of their project (Summer 2019) to the culmination of it (Summer 2020)
- include at least one Contact Member who will be responsible for sending regular communications updates – e.g. photos, videos, audio or writing samples – to the Anniversary Project Manager
- be present at the 70thAnniversary event in Norway in Summer 2020 in some form– be this as a live performance/presentation, an artefact, a text, an installation etc…
What is offered?
- Funding of up to 30,000 DKK (or 4000 Euro) is available per project (with an accepted budget) to cover the costs of material needed, potentially a visit to the NSU Archive held at the Danish National Archives (Rigsarkivet) in Copenhagen, and/or an honorarium for researchers/artists.
- Additional funding up to 5,600 DKK per project is available for costs to produce and spread the project’s trace*(e.g. through non-commercial publication or another means of production)
Where do I start?
Please fill in the application form and return to Kai Green, NSU Anniversary Project Manager, by email: email@example.com. Questions are welcomed! Deadline: 31stMay 2019.
NSU is a Nordic research network which organises study circles across the boundaries of nationality and discipline. Since 1950, we have been creating forums for cultural and intellectual debate in the Nordic and Baltic region, involving students, academics, politicians, and intellectuals from this region and beyond.
However, not everyone knows our story. Not even us.
With 70 years of radical history, there are so many stories to collect and traces to follow – from our 1995 keynote speaker Slavoj Žižek being ushered onto a plane asking for “5 more minutes please!”, to our vast array of provocative research books.
What happens after I submit my application?
After the deadline, an Advisory Group of volunteers, including present coordinators of NSU study circles and Board members, will select the proposals that will be funded. As the available funding is limited, we will unfortunately not be able to fund every project. We will inform the contact person of each project proposal as soon as possible regarding the outcome, but no later than 15th June 2019